Environment: Windows Server 2008 R2, Visual Studio 2010, SQL Server 2008 R2, BizTalk 2010
Installation of BizTalk 2010, Configuration, BAM
1) Install the Server 2008 R2 (64 bit) and perform windows Updates.
2) Install MS office 2007/2010
3) Install IIS, SMTP, FTP, .NET 3.5, MSMQ
4) Install Visual Studio 2010 (x86) ->Use Custom settings->exclude SQL 2008 Express Services, F#
5) Check for service updates and windows updates
6) Install SQL Server 2008 R2 (Firewall need to Open Ports)
7) Install SQL Server 2005 Notification Services
8) Service pack 3 for SQL Server 2005
9) Install Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Server 2010 (Beware of little Issue check my blog, exist the wizard and follow the link and then start SharePoint 2010 Products configuration wizard )
10) Configure SharePoint portal.
11) Install BizTalk 2010
12) Configure BizTalk 2010
13) Enable TCP/IP and Named Pipelines and DTDC on local host server
14) Created 2 web sites one with .net4.0 other with .net2.0 (classical ASP)
15) BAM Portal runs on BAM Application pool on .NET 4.0 classic
16) Install BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.1 64 bit
17) Install UDDI and for Configuration beware of SSL settings (UDDI Management Console -> UDDI Properties -> Security -> un-check require SSL and use Windows Integrated publisher authentication.
18) Install and Configure BizTalk RFID.
Errors and Resoultions:
1) one of the missing information in the Installation document is you need set the IIS to only native 64-bit mode.
Script to confgure IIS to 64-bit operation
cscript %SystemDrive%\inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set w3svc/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 0
Script to confgure IIS to 32-bit operation
cscript %SystemDrive%\inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set w3svc/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1
2) Secondly while Configuring Share Point Foundation Server 2010. Ran into error that reads:Local Accounts Should not be used in Stand Alone Mode
run the command in sharepoint Management Shell : “New-SPConfigurationDatabase”
It is detailed in this link below.
This command will create 2 database and SharePoint web Services site in IIS websites.
3) Thridly Notification Services which are not in SQL 2008 R2 needs to installed.
Installing SQL Notification Services for BAM I used SQL 2005 Developers iso image and installed features then updated with SQL 2005 SP 3. I sucessed.
I failed when i followed SQL notification installation as stated in manual “BizTalk 2010 Installation and Configuration Guide – Development and Test Build BizTalk 2010 64-bit, SQL Server 2008 R2 64-bit, Windows 2008 R2 64-bit” I also tried hotfixes but it got complicated and i messed it up.
I just used MS installation guide installed all the prerequests and it worked great. Above Manual is also really helpful it provides screen shoots for step by installation.
4) Failed to deploy BAM activity definitions. Please make sure that all BAM related Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages are removed along with the BAM databases.
This link has dealt this well.
5) BAM Portal Application Pool is .NET 4.0 Classic
6) UDDI Publish Subscribe pages not found
I had to resolve the UDDI ssl settings.